THE INSTITUTE WAS ESTABLISHED WITH THE FOLLOWING MAIN OBJECTIVES :
- To encourage and assist the farmers in the backward district of Vijayapur to take up sugarcane cultivation on scientific lines.
- To test the varieties of sugarcane under Agro-climatic conditions of North Karnataka to select and multiply seeds of such varieties as are found suitable and supply to farmers disease free healthy seeds of these varieties for commercial cultivation.
- To evolve and popularize soil and water management practices.
- To educate and train farmers in various aspects of Scientific Agriculture.
- To devise and popularize labor saving Agriculture implements and machines suited to the region.